Saturday, November 1, 2008

So just how far along are you?



Lately, I've been getting a lot of questions regarding the status of my pregnancy. Currently, I'm 36 weeks along. Technically, you are considered full term between 37-41 weeks...so...all that to say, I'm big. I had Shawn take a picture of me yesterday to document my growth. And yes, I think I realized in a new way, just how large and in charge I am! It amazes me what my body can do in caring for and growing a child. I continue to pray for a healthy labor and delivery for me and the baby. I invite your prayers as well as we go through these last weeks.

And for fun, I invite you to poll yourself on what you think the weight of the incoming Gerber baby will be...and if you want, feel free to leave a comment about when you think it will come, and what the name might be.

7 comments:

Everything Belongs said...

Shawn: Dec. 1. 8.4lbs. No word on name! :)

Rachel: Nov. 30. 8.3lbs. Mum's the word on the name, too! Something has to be a surprise, right?

Marika said...

Nathan and I think you will have the baby on Nov. 29 and he will be 7.11 lbs. We think his name will either be Andrew or Isaac. (We get two guesses 'cuz there's two of us!) :) We'll be thinking about you!

Yoder Schrock Family said...

I'm voting for Nov 25 b/c it's my b-day and beacuse it's sooner rather than later. And I'm holding out for the name Luke so that you can have a Luke and an Owen like the Wilson family. Ha! ~Mandy

pjtj said...

You look beautiful, Rachel! Yes, praying for God's hand to be all over that pregnancy, labor and birth!! Hmmm...I am with you, Nov. 30 with an 8.5 pounder--love those big babies!! Can't wait to see him!

the masts: justin, jessica, benjamin and philip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the masts: justin, jessica, benjamin and philip said...

Okay, I'm going to say... November 20th. (Why not hope for 38weeks?-- I did!) I think he'll weight in at 7 lb 15 oz. As far as the name... nothing biblical, so Ethan.

We'll be praying for you as the time arrives! These last few weeks are the hardest!

Perry, Becca, Simon and Lukas said...

November 23 at 8lb 2oz. Becca thinks his name will be Connor, I think Alexander (Xander for short). Simon thinks he'll be called Maggie! We're praying for you guys!