Friday, May 16, 2008

Officially in transition!

Hello! Ok, it's been awhile, I apologize...I know how frustrating it is when you want an update and keep seeing the same heading, "We're plugging along!" I would love to post some recent pictures of our family, move, etc...but alas, it seems the cord for our camera is somewhere in a mountain of boxes! So, in brief, here is the update:

1. I drove Owen to Ohio last Thursday to hang out with cousins while his 'rents packed.
2. Shawn and I flew to Denver Friday through Tuesday to pack up the rest of our stuff and
make sure the movers took everything.
3. Today, Owen and I made sure that the truck arrived in Goshen and opened up a storage unit
for them to store all our earthly belongings. (As my mom made mention: hopefully it doesn't
leak when there is rain, mold doesn't grow in your freezer, and mice get into your couch.
Thanks, Mom for the encouragement. :)

It's weird, it was obviously hard moving here the first time, but I suppose I knew that we still
had a house which felt like a center. Now, with it all gone, I feel as though I have no place to really plant down, like I'm flying through space, wondering which direction I'm heading. Hopefully, our housing situation will come together w/i these next few weeks and we'll have a better sense for schedule and direction.

I think Owen's feeling a bit of the stress, too. After spending 6 days apart, he has been not wanting to go to bed (aka be alone), whereas before it was a dream putting him down. I suppose he also wonders if he loses sight of us...will we return?! Poor guy.

No comments: