Friday, May 30, 2008

Learning to Trust

I think a lot of what this move has taught me, again, is the lesson of trusting. Trusting in a Source that is far beyond me, that understands the big picture, that sees the greater good. Like I've said before, this move has been fairly difficult. However, I continue to refuse to think that we made an unwise decision. It just takes time. I can only see part of the puzzle now. I trust that in time clarity of vision will come and the larger picture will become apparent. God has been incredibly faithful (far beyond what I could have ever imagined) and I trust that as I stay committed to the path, despite the journey along the way, (this is turning into my life motto), that I'll see the greater good and reason we have been led here. But in the meantime, I'm trying to trust. It has definitely turned into a spiritual discipline.

However, as I look at what I do have to be grateful (b/c seriously, this post is starting to sound pretty whiny), we all have good health, we have each other, we have a great place to stay now in the meantime, Owen absolutely LOVES his cousins, we enjoy daily walks on the Mill Race watching the ducks and listening to the birds, and the weather has been beautiful.

Being grateful and thankful for the small blessings I see each day...perhaps that's the first step towards trusting. Hmmm...

3 comments:

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Let me say a hearty "amen" to that, sister. This transition stuff is so hard, but I trust and I know that God is leading us, giving us strength for the journey, and blessing us beyond measure as we go. Psalm 121 and the hymn "Great is thy faithfulness" have been important for me these past weeks and will continue to be. Can't wait til we're closer to you all. ~M

Jill said...

Rachel,
I'm in Goshen this week and then from June 14-24, give me a call or email me and lets get together. It would be great to see you. I could do a walk, coffee, whatever . . . Hope you're well.
Jill

Everything Belongs said...

Hi Jill!! I heard that you are in town from Angela S. We are going to FL today for a week, but will be back on the 11th. I leave again on the 19th, so let's plan on getting together sometime early that week (Monday or Tuesday)? Can't wait to catch up (and meet Anusha--what a cutie)!