Monday, December 22, 2008

Sorry, it's been awhile!


I really have no excuse for my lack of updating...my parents graciously took Owen back to PA with them for the last 10 days, so we've just had Connor to care for. It has been great and yet bittersweet. Shawn and I have enjoyed a bit more peace and quiet and a chance to reconnect since we've added Connor to our family. However, 10 days is long time without Owen! It was almost too quiet around here. I look forward to his antics when he returns (this afternoon)! It's been so funny...every time we talk on the phone he always says, "I'll be back soon!" At least he's loving every minute of his time away with Grandpa and Grandma S. and seeing his other cousins/aunts/uncles in Ohio. So, we'll see how things feel after he gets back. I'm sure it'll feel wonderful to have all my boys back in one place, yet I'm starting to feel that sense of being overwhelmed by the new balancing act that will come with the transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4 !

Update on Connor: He is an angel baby, by and large! He sleeps. He eats. He does his "thing." He sleeps. He eats. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I mean, talk about laid back. It is awesome! I suppose, however, anything compared to the high maintenance of our first little one, will seem laid back. :) Connor is now 25 days old. At his 2 week appointment he grew 1 inch (22" now) and gained about 1.5 lbs (9 lbs, 15.6 oz)! I couldn't believe it! It feels great when you are sustaining a life! Such a sense of accomplishment! So, as you can see, he is doing marvelous, and I am so thankful.

Pictures--The above pictures are as follows: Family Christmas Picture '08, face shot of Connor sleeping (9 days), Grandma S. and Connor, Owen and his cousin Wade being silly in Wade's barn. If that last picture doesn't look like trouble, I don't know what is?!? They are going to have so much fun growing up together!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Thank you for the wonderful Christmas picture. We are having a Colorado Christmas this year. Our first as newlyweds. You have a precious family and I'm sure this Christmas is a special one.

Love,
the Rios'