Monday, December 22, 2008

What holiday traditions do you have?

I always love asking this questions to people I meet. I guess it is to get ideas for my newly budding family. I am always on the lookout for ways to make holidays more special and meaningful. One thing this year that I would really love to incorporate is the "family pajama." I know, a lot of you might be laughing about the concept of having matching pj's, but one of my friends from Harrisonburg grew up with this tradition and I thought it sounded neat. They could unwrap one gift on Christmas Eve (which was the family pj) and then they all wore it to bed and woke up the next morning to do the Christmas festivities in matching attire.

Except...do you know how hard it is to find the "family pj?" I mean you can find matching/coordinating jammies at countless websites, but in the correct sizes that you need? That is the challenge. So, I'm going to have my extraordinary brother's business (Springer Design), a logo design/screen printing/anything you want they can make company, create us some. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. So, be looking sometime next year for pictures of the first annual, "I (heart) my family" jammies.

So, I pose the question to you...what are your family traditions?

1 comment:

Marika said...

Nathan's family has a similar tradition. On Christmas Eve they always get to open one present and it is always pjs. They don't necessarily match though. I think it's such a great tradition and love to be the recipient of pjs now that I married Nathan! :)