Monday, September 7, 2009

You do not change...

We sang this song in church yesterday and I just can't get the words and tune out of my mind.

Fresh as the morning,
sure as the sunrise,
God always faithful,
you do not change.

~"God of the Bible"
(
from Sing the Journey, Faith and Life Resources)

Having had so much change and transition in my life these past few years (physically, emotionally, and spiritually)...knowing that God is constant throughout all of my hills and valleys brings me great peace. For God's presence (felt or not) is not contingent upon what I bring to the table. For God is. Just as God has been in the past, and present, God will continue to be in the future. Truly, even as the sun rises each morning, God is continually working in seen and unseen ways.

This morning, God I give you thanks for your steadfastness, despite my unevenness.


2 comments:

Marika said...

My parent's church has the Sing the Journey hymnal and I really like it. I wish we had it here at our church. Thanks for this post (& reminder), Rachel!

Jewel said...

Thanx for the reminder, Rachel! Great post!