Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Budding theologian

Shawn took Owen to preschool today.  On the way over there the song, "Jesus loves the little children," played on the CD.

Owen:  "Grandma Springer sings me that song."
Shawn:  "That's nice. It is a good song. Your grandmas love you so much.
Do you remember Grandma Gerber?"
Owen:  "Yes I do."
Shawn:  "You know Owen, I really miss her."
Owen:  "Yeah, but Dad, we will see her again."
Shawn: "Oh, how is that?
Owen: "One day God is going to give us a new body then we will all be together in heaven."

You have a good heart, Owen. You are already giving pastoral care!  May your faith continue to grow and deepen and inspire you and others.

Jesus said to them, "Let the children come to me.  Don't stop them!  For the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  I assure you, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the kingdom of God. " Then he took the children into his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them."
Mark 10:14-16

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Oh wow! Did Shawn get all choked up? What a sweetheart. Owen that is. Well, Shawn's sweet too. But you know what I mean! :)