Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vegetarian?

Tonight Owen was helping me make chicken fajitas for dinner. As I threw the chicken tenderloins in the skillet to saute he asked (as he does whenever we are cooking/eating meat), "Is it dead?"

"Yes, Owen. It is dead."
"What was it?"
"Chicken."

Silence.

Looking very somber he says, "I think the baby misses his Mommy."
"Are you sad about the chicken that died?"
"Yeah..."

Silence.

At this point, I am thinking about how sensitive and traumatic this must be for him. Will he turn out to be a vegetarian to save all the Bambi's of the world?

And then he pipes up...
"I wish I could have shot that chicken."

Or not.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

That is really funny!!

Marika said...

Hee, hee! Love it! :)

Alli said...

I just found your blog (from facebook, of course!)

Your kids are too cute. I have enjoyed being your neighbor this year :)

Jen said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Bahahaha. Best story yet.

Jewel said...

Oh my gosh! Here I was sympathizing with him & then BAM! How hilarious!!!

Rolon Miller Blog said...

Thanks for the great laugh! Sounds like a true Springer prodigy.