Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Men and Meat

Shawn's favorite restaurant in the whole, entire world is Rodizio Grill.  Hunks of skewered meat are brought to your table until your gut splits.  I like meat, don't get me wrong, but with my family history of high cholesterol, I try to limit the animal protein.

Coming home tonight from a local Mexican restaurant, we are stopped behind a specialty meat truck.  A fillet as big as a horse stares back at Shawn, who is practically drooling. Here's our conversation:

"What is it with men and meat?  I could probably go vegetarian, if I had to."
    "It's men's primal instinct to hunt and eat meat.  It would kill me to give up meat."
"Well, it can kill me if I eat too much meat."
    "If I am going to die either way, I want to die with meat in my gut. Bury me with a T-Bone, baby."

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Ha ha ha, too funny! Haven't heard of Rodizio Grill...is it only out East? I like meat but not lots of it. Is your next post gonna be about another food? :)