Monday, October 25, 2010

Tears tonight

This evening, I opened my email and saw a message from First Mennonite Church of Denver regarding the tragic death of Chloe Weaver, daughter of Herm and Cindy of Boulder, CO.  She was struck riding her bike on Sunday.

I am just so, so sad.  This is the second sudden death I've heard of this week (last week, a friend of a friend passed away a week after having her second child due to a pulmonary embolism).  Hearing things like this remind me again of the fragility of life.  My blog is titled, "Everything Belongs," and at the deepest part of my core, I do trust that God truly, deeply, and completely holds all things together.

But tonight it is harder to believe.


Yet, believe I must.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 8:38-9

To the Weaver family:  the Spirit groans on your behalf tonight, for I cannot find the words.  You are held in a deep place.

1 comment:

Marika said...

I didn't know Chloe but I have been thinking about the Weaver family all day and my heart aches for them.