Friday, October 29, 2010

Mind spa day

Transition takes a lot of mental and emotional energy. Meeting new people, establishing relationships, and continuing budding friendships takes a lot of brain power.  I love it, but even for this self-declared extrovert, it can feel tiring at points.  That's why Shawn and I were so excited when Chet and Mary were close by! We met our lovely North Carolina friends in Staunton, at a favorite grad school restaurant of choice.  

It was so refreshing to have someone from our 'past' to connect with.  Conversation flowed freely, ribs dominated the meal, and Shawn and I didn't have to worry about spilled milk, dropped silverware, or cutting plates of bite-sized pieces.  

A mental spa day, for sure.
I feel cleansed and rejuvenated...
Love, love, love you guys!






3 comments:

ben wideman said...

Looks like Mill Street to me! I miss good southern bbq.

Everything Belongs said...

You know it! It was...amazing. Shawn declared that it was THE BEST he's had--ever. It was. Southern BBQ misses you too! Making a trip this way soon?

Chet said...

Rachel, as always you write so beautifully. Thanks for the way in which you framed this - we need more "mind spa" days. We hope to connect again soon! And seriously, that is one freakishly huge rib I'm holding! Scary...and delicious!