Monday, February 14, 2011

On death, Love, and living life

Quiet moments don't come by me real often in this house full of testosterone. Because I know, it if is too quiet...there is a reason. And it is often not good.  And if often involves a mess.  Usually a large one.  So no, quiet moments don't come by often.

But I need them.
The quiet, not necessarily the mess (although it comes with the turf)!

I need them to think, to reflect, to just...be.

It's how I stay focused, keep mindful, fill my patience tank.
Being in the quiet reorients me to what these days are all about.

In the quiet, I am reminded that the messes,
the games,
the food,
the diapers,
the errands...,
is really just love disguised in different packages.

Giving myself out of love to those I've been entrusted with.
Offering Love and the best of me.

Although I fail often...
fall short way too much of the time,
because love is self-sacrifice...
which is hard.

But I hope that at the end of the day,
at the end of my life,
that my boys will gather around me,
and give thanks.

Not for what I did,
not for what I accomplished,
but for the Love that they felt,
experienced,
came to know.

And I pray that with them,
I will release my soul into the hands of Love,
the Source that holds everything together.

I am realizing more and more,
that I can only offer Love 
and truly live life,
when I am able to face death.

And as I look at death in the face,
holding its gaze squarely in the eye,
I realize that it no longer holds fear over me.
Because Love holds me still.  
And will not let go. 

Facing death I find,
that there is really nothing to fear at all,
for life will go on...
and on...
and on.......

Love gives us, then, 
the ability to live.
To truly live.
And to live well.

Because as I know Love,
I am able to offer Love,
and this Love moves,
breathes,
and enlivens my being.
And living like this,
enwrapped in Love,
is the best way to live.

On this Valentine's Day,
may you experience Love like no other,
this Love which is offered to each of us,
candles or not,
roses or not,
lover or not,
for truly the source of all that is Sweet,
holds you close.

May you feel this embrace today,
and hold on tight.

No comments: